Saturday 19 October 2013

Liam Hemsworth surfing "fear of dying is part of the fun of it"

Liam Hemsworth surfing
Liam Hemsworth surfing "fear of dying is part of the fun of it", Liam Hemsworth has revealed that he loves surfing despite the risk factor, as he reckons that the "fear of dying" is actually "part of the fun of it".

The 22-year-old Aussie hunk, who is engaged to Miley Cyrus, used to compete in his homeland and admits that he loves the sport even though it's quite dangerous.

Liam, who starred in 'The Hunger Games', told Men's Health: "The fear of dying? That's part of the fun of it. The adrenaline you get from surfing big waves. I've seen a shark before. You get the worst wipeouts when you're not expecting it."

The actor also revealed that he has had a few close calls in the sea, after nearly drowning.

"When I was a kid, one time I got my leg rope wrapped around my whole body like a ball, under water. Couldn't get up. I was in waist-deep water, but I almost drowned. You know, I've had a few times," he said.

Liam is quite a pro at surfing and spent his spare time on his board and he wasn't alone, as he would often go with all of his friends.

"Every day, before and after school. I wanted to surf for the rest of my life. It's what all my friends did," he said. "I even had it as a subject in school for a number of years. They teach you all parts of the surfing industry, how to judge surf heats, that sort of thing."

Liam also admitted that he had a bit of an addiction to Krispy Kreme doughnuts, and really hated his gruelling diet he had to undergo to drop 20lbs for his role in 'The Hunger Games'.

No comments:

Post a Comment